Saturday, August 16, 2014

I has a Happy and I has a Sad

OK my Happy is that my son has finally decided that it is OK to take lunches to school again... I don't know why he stopped and I don't know why he preferred that food over food from home... healthier food from home... Just because they don't fry it at school doesn't mean it wasn't fried before it was frozen somewhere in the factory.....  anyway that is my opinion...  you don't have to agree...

So yeah my sad... MY BABY STARTED 10th GRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we are not doing your regular lunches either... my baby boy is fascinated with all things Japanese....  His lunch box is a bento box and we are making everything into rolls for lunch... which is OK with me as long as I know where the food came from!!!  So we started school on Thursday, which my sister the teacher says is a great time to start, and we made a  cream cheese veggie roll with some apple bites...

Now I admit it is not as pretty as the sushi bar, and didn't stay tight like the sushi bar, but for our first attempt I think it turned out quite well.... 

Friday we made a PB no J roll... I took my rolling pin and flattened out the bread, put the PB on and rolled... For some reason he doesn't like the J with the PB... IDK...  anyway to go with that he had gold fish, graham crackers, and a nectarine...


1 comment:

Alison said...

Looks like you guys are going to have fun figuring out new lunches!