Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Bombshell Hop and SBS Release


Hello Lovelies, today is a busy day!  I have for you the Bombshell Hump day Hop and a Burtonesque SBS release!!!  How cool is that.  Let’s start with the hop shall we.!

The hump day hop this month is great as it was a very loose theme…Here is what the Hump day Hottie Alison had to say about it!  This month, our theme is Celebrations of May. May has a lot of fun, interesting and sometimes bizarre holidays. So the challenge was to pick one of these holidays, and make a project out of it! We have a fabulous list of stops for you to hop to this month, so let's get this party started!
So I chose National Photograph month.  The hubby was taking a photograph class to finish his degree and of course I had to learn with him…it’s my camera after all!!! So here we are learning all sorts of new camera lingo and taking all these new pictures in different ways, which I will be posting later, and which picture did I pick to work with today… the one where my daughter is making a funny face!!!  LOL  I just knew when I saw it though that it would make a great journal page with her as the center of the flower…. it will be a two page spread with my son on the other page but right now it’s half done!

Here is the journal page… I used 1 image from 23 different Bombshell stamp sets on this page.   A lot of them are the petals of the flower and some are hard to see in the picture because of the inks I used for the background but they are all there!!! 

IMG_2305

Here is a little close up of some of the stamps.  Sorry about the Glare!!!

Told you she was being silly!!! 

Here is the hop list and if you started here please head over to the Bombshell blog to start at the beginning!



SBS Burtonesque Dolls Release

ZOMBABES!

Today we have a release for you called the zombabes.  These are all hottie zombies who are ready for the beach!  I guess I was continuing with the photograph month theme are a couple of these are scrapbook pages.  Remember we are having a two day release so that means 3 today and 3 tomorrow so make sure to come back to see the rest of the hotties!!!
Today we have for you…
Luscious Lucy, Martini Tina, and Snappy Ginger.
 
I will start with Martini Tina:

Zombabes-1

Now I have to tell you, I printed the images out and colored them but all of the projects were done digitally.  I recently acquired this new digi kit all about summer and I knew as soon as I saw it I had to use it for the Zombabes!!  So all of my projects for the next two days will have a sort of retro/summer look to them!

Now for Snappy Ginger and Luscious Lucy they are together on a scrapbook page I made for my daughters book!  Seems I have a daughter theme today and tomorrow but don’t worry I have plenty of the boy too…His were just not for these papers!!!

zombabes-4

I hope you enjoy and remember to go to the Burtonesque Dolls blog to see what the others have made!

6 comments:

Kathi said...

All three projects are fab! I really adore the color scheme of your altered page. Funny photo too.

Sparkly Engineer said...

That background with the BS layout is awesome. I love the way the colors blend and the stamping in it.

Zombies are all the rage at my house and these are just fun. Like the way you incorporated them into your layouts.

Torrey said...

23 sets of stamps?? WOWZERS. It almost looks like she's holding her breath under water! Very cool.

Cassie said...

beautiful journal!

Kim said...

Great projects! I love the colors you used on the journal.

Laura B said...

Love your journal page! And I really like your layout, too. Your daughter is beautiful!