Thursday, December 9, 2010

On the 5th day of Christmas...

Hello Lovelies, I hope your morning is a little warmer than my morning!!!!!  Today I have for you a card I created using Bombshell Stamps.  Now you all know that I don't stitch on my cards but something about this one just called for it.  Don't go thinking I hauled out my sewing machine for this one, cause you would be wrong, this card is hand stitched!!!  I started with some gray card stock as the base of my card.  Added some decorative paper and a piece of brown card stock and that is what I stitched together.  My pirate is colored with copics and the sentiment is printed out from the computer and then stitched onto brown card stock. This is also my interpertation of the Bombshell monthly sketch for December!  I'm not quite sure this is what Kathi had in mind when she made the sketch, but it's what my brain started screaming at me to make once we saw it!!!  You can find more detail on this months Bombhsell sketch here!  Also if you haven't already head on over to the Bombhsell blog and enter our follower contest! 

Before you do that though, hop over to the side bar and see what all the other jolly bloggers have made for todays hope.  Then hop on over to Smeared and Smudged to see all the wonderful new contest for December!!!!!  Ok so here is my card....


This card will also be used for challenges issued by:

12 comments:

Steph said...

Fantastic card! This is a lot of hand stitching, you have way more patience that I would. Very pretty with the greys and browns, and the Yo Ho Ho .... love it!

Unknown said...

Great card love the stitching the colours are great
Luv Jane xxx

CraftyMomOf3 said...

hubba hubba!! love this girlie!!!

awesome job!

Hugs!!

Alexandra Lundgren said...

this is FABULOUS! the stitching IS perfect and hand stitching is all that would have worked. I just 'fits' with the pirate theme!! AMAZING girl!!!

TMCPhoto said...

speaking from experience hand stitching is a lot of work but this project just screams out for it.

DonnaMundinger said...

WoooHoo! This is just fab! The stitching blows me away and the sentiment is perfect! xxxD

KC said...

this is great! yo ho....lol I love it! she is such a fab image too...and as always your coloring is amazing!

Alison said...

I cannot get over that stitching! You are insane!!! LOVE the Yo ho ho! I am SOOOO gonna use that! Brilliant card!

deniserows said...

ahoy..she is my favorite bombshell of them all. and what a knotty girl she's not nice we know that for sure knotty! get it? *snort*

Anonymous said...

ANd some eggnog with rum! LOL
Love the stitching and the overall effect. TFS, Paula

Susie said...

Fab card, love the stitched detail! Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week and good luck xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card.Just look at all that stitching!Love the sentiment - very fitting.Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs :D
Lisa x