Thursday, June 10, 2010

Spooky Shadow Thingys Oh My!!

It's time again for Macabre Monday on Haunted Design House and this week they are all about Siniser Shadows! So I thought what a great opportunity this would be for me to use my Shadow Thingys set from Smeared Ink. I freaking love those little thingys!!! LOL I wanted my card to look like it was a shadowy window, maybe old and broken and your not quite sure if your seeing what you think your seeing, so I took velum and stamped my images on it with Stazon jet black. Then I used ultra thick embossing powder to give it a glazed look. On one part of the velum I embossed with the ultra thick powder 3 times so that I could crack it to make a "broken window". Then the whole thing is mounted on basic gray cardstock from SU. It's fairly simple, but looks like I worked on it forever to make the cracks!!! So check out my card below and then head on over to Haunted Design House but hurry this weeks Theme ends Sunday!!!!!

5 comments:

Alison said...

How freakin' cool is this??? You are so damn clever! It's awesome

Barb said...

This is fabulous, Kelli! LOVE the cracked pane, and how it appears the 'thingys' are marching closer & closer to the window... very cool. Thanks so much for playing along with Macabre Monday!

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG! Your window effect is FABULOUS!!!! Love the thingies too. xxD

greenbean said...

wow!...that's cool!...

Kathi said...

Whoa. Seriously cool and totally creepy. I love the window effect.