Sunday, October 18, 2009

Day 18... Halloween Gift Bag

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you have all had a great weekend and that you were able to do what you wanted! I also hope that you are all enjoying this 31 Days of Halloween that Terra and I are featuring. I know that we are both having fun making project, and creating challenges for you!

I don't know about you but sometimes I like to go to what I call a "grown up" party. You know the kind where you get to hire a babysitter or at least have the oldest child stay home with the younger!!! I think it is nice to be able to take that hostess a little something so today I decided to make something that we could take to that last minute party we were invited to. Even that party that we have been planning on going to for weeks now. I know that when I go to a "grown up" party I like to take the hostess something, and me being me, it is usually something that we can consume!!! LOL So I decided that I was going to emboss a little Halloween image and saying onto a wine gift bag. I picked up several of these little bags in all colors from the $ spot at Michaels. I placed a piece of cardboard in the middle and stamped my image and saying with versamark. Then added black embossing powder and heated. You have to be careful with the heat gun and keep it moving at all times, also don't get to close to the bag or it will melt it!!! Yep found that out the hard way!!! I hope you enjoy!

*click for larger image

Leave me some love, or at least tell me what you think and then hop on over to Smeared and Smudged and show Terra some!!!

1 comment:

Stitchinwitch said...

Neat idea. I've often thought of embellishing these bags but only with embroidery and beads. I may have to snag the idea for Yule